Can you believe it is almost Thanksgiving and Christmas hot on it's heels! With that in mind, here is an appetizer recipe I recently tried that is tasty and easy with few ingredients, but looks great.
Cranberry Brie Bites
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, from a 17 oz box of 2 each
- 4 oz brie cheese
- 1/2 c cranberry sauce, homemade or canned
- 3 TBLS raw shelled pistachios, chopped (I used roasted here)
- Flaky sea salt and ground black pepper, optional
1. Thaw the puff pastry according to package directions.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 24-well mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place the brie in the freezer for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
3. On a well floured surface, roll the sheet of puff pastry into a 10x15-inch rectangle. Cut the pastry into 4 strips lengthwise. Then, cut the pastry crosswise into 6 strips, creating 24 squares. Press the pastry squares into each well of the muffin pan, letting the excess stick up over the edges.
4. Cut the firm brie into 24 (1/2-inch) slices. Place a piece in the center of each pastry square. Top each with about 1 teaspoon of cranberry sauce. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown on the edges and the cheese is bubbly. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove the bites from the pan and garnish with sea salt and pepper, if desired.