I can eat soup every day of my life and be happy...here is a recipe I ran across, which is pretty quick and easy. It's a keeper:
ASIAN CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- 1 (32 oz) package/box chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans coconut milk
- 1 (4.3 oz) package dry ramen noodles, season packet discarded (or two packages of smaller variety)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated (tip - you can buy ginger already peeled and grated in the frozen section of Kroger which is already to "pop" out of the plastic packaging in teaspoon quantities)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or preferred hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- lime wedges, garnish
1. Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and saute' onion, bell pepper and carrots for 6-8 minutes, or until softened.
2. Season with salt and pepper, then add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minutes, or until fragrant, then stir in curry powder, soy sauce and sriracha.
3. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and stir in coconut milk, chicken, cilantro, green onions and ramen noodles.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are softened. Serve, garnished with lime wedges if desired.