It is easy to make a big batch of these wraps when preparing meals for the week. You have a quick lunch or dinner and it packs well for work or school. - Emily Trierweiler (Lance Drive)
- 1 - 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup green onions, diced
- 12 large lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup peanuts, toasted
In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in the oil for about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, water chestnuts, and ginger. Cook 4-6 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Stir in the carrots, onions, and chicken mixture.
Spoon onto lettuce leaves; sprinkle with peanuts. Fold sides of lettuce over filling and roll up. Enjoy!
This is the sixth in a series called Timbercrest Healthy Recipe of the Month, part of our effort to become a Healthier Tennessee Neighborhood. To submit a recipe suggestion, Contact Us. Check out the entire collection of Recipes of the Month.