With zucchini season in full force, I thought I'd try something new I found on 12 Tomatoes. Been busy, so let me know what you think if you get a chance to make it before me!
CHEESY SCALLOPED ZUCCHINI
- Unsalted butter, softened, as needed
- 1 lb. zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2/3 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 c. Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated
- 1-1/2 Tbls. flour
- 1/2 c. Gruyere cheese, freshly grated
- 1/3 c. panko bread crumbs
- Kosher sale & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Position a rack in your oven 6 inches from the broiler and heat broiler on high.
- Grease a shallow 9x13 backing dish or rimmed sheet pan with butter.
- Season zucchini with salt and pepper and arrange on baking pan. Broil just until squash is beginning to soften, about 4 minutes.
- While squash bakes, whisk together cream, thyme, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and flour in a small bowl. Pour mixture evenly over squash, then top with Gruyere cheese and panko bread crumbs.
- Return to oven and broil until golden brown and bubbly, 4-5 minutes, Enjoy!