It's that time of the year when you start thinking of planting a garden and enjoying the fruits of your labor! Makes me think of salads and I'm sharing two of my favorite recipes that are easy:
Serves 4-6; 15 minutes
- 4-5 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 3-4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar, optional
Place cucumber slices in a large colander resting on a bowl or in the sink. Sprinkle with salt and set aside, letting juices drain from cucumber for 15-20 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice and sugar, if using.
Add cucumbers, radish, green onions, and dill, and toss everything together to combine.
Serve chilled and enjoy!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled & sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut in eighths
- 1 green pepper, seeded & chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 c. Greek black olives
- 1/4 c. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/3 c. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. crumbled, dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
In a large serving bowl, place all the vegetables, the olives and the cheese. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper and beat with a fork or shake in a container. Pour over salad and mix gently but thoroughly.