Coming into grilling season and always looking for some different side dishes, here is one the family enjoys and also uses a lot of fresh ingredients!
Serves 4; 5 minutes prep, 10 minutes cook time
- 1 1/4 cups (8 oz) dry orzo
- 1 medium English cucumber, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
BRING A LARGE POT OF SALTED WATER TO A BOIL OVER HIGH HEAT. ADD ORZO AND COOK UNTIL AL DENTE, ABOUT 7 MINUTES. DRAIN AND RINSE UNDER COLD WATER.
- Transfer to a large bowl, and add cucumber, tomatoes, olives, red onion, bell pepper, feta, spinach, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper and pour over orzo and vegetables.
- Toss to combine, adjust seasoning as needed, and serve. Enjoy!