It's garden harvest time and here is a salad that is a hit, using all your produce!
CHOPPED CUCUMBER CAPRESE SALAD
- 1-1/2 C grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into quarters
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2" chunks
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 2 Tbls good quality olive oil
- 1 Tbls balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pince of salt, pepper and sugar, to taste
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, mozzarella and basil leaves. In a separate small bowl wisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar. Pour over the tomato-mozzarella mixture and toss. Service immediately, or prepare up to 4 hours ahead of serving.